Content

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

staging.


Yesterday was amazing. To begin, I met with about 4 of the people from my group for breakfast around 9am. We ventured to The Latin Cafe, a block or so away from our hotel. The Latin Cafe is a cuban restaurant that was booming, and the menu was written entirely in Spanish. Let me just say, the food was great. Seriously great. And cheap. And plentiful. We left the restaurant very full and happy…ready to prepare for our 7 hour long orientation that would be starting in the next couple of hours.

Staging began by meeting the rest of my peace corps group. There are a total of 20 of us, 15 girls and 5 guys, with the oldest being 27 (I believe)…so we’re a pretty young group! Everyone instantly got along, started asking questions to get to know one another, and by the end of staging we’d formed a very strong group dynamic…I am so grateful for that, especially since we’ll all need to depend on and support one another through this huge transition. The event was full of team building and safety and security activities. We also learned a whole lot about Belize in general and how to handle different situations that could arise once we are in the country.

After the staging event, we went to a Spanish tapas restaurant, Madrid (original, right?), also a couple of blocks down the street from our hotel. The food was alright, nothing to write home about. Afterward, myself and another group member of mine went to South Beach to live it up for our last night in the United States. All I’ll say about that was that it was a smashing good time. :)

I cant even begin to describe the feelings I have about this adventure. I just thank God for the opportunity, and for the the ability to follow my dreams. Once we arrive to Belize, I don’t know how much access to internet will be immediately available…but keep an eye open for more updates as I begin my adjustment into life in Belize.

Later,


-S

1 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! :)
    im jealous of the cuban food you had tho lol
    theres like 60ish people in my Ethiopia group haha hopefully we all get along as well as your group.

    ReplyDelete

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.